Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anyone have a great recipe for ';Dirt Cake';?

I found one online but it just didn't turn out too well. I've never had it before so I need help! Thanks!Anyone have a great recipe for ';Dirt Cake';?
DIRT CAKE





2 (20 oz.) pkgs. Oreo cookies


1/2 stick butter


1 (8 oz.) cream cheese


1 c. powdered sugar


3 1/2 c. milk


2 sm. French vanilla instant pudding boxes


1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip





Cream the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Mix pudding together with the milk, add the Cool Whip to pudding mixture. Then blend in with the cream cheese mixture.





Crumble the Oreo's in a blender, leave the cream in the Oreo's.





Line the inside of a clay flower pot with foil. Alternating cookie crumbs and filling, ending with the cookie crumbs on top. stick fake flower into cake.


we kept in freezer until we was going to serve. I think like an hour before would be fine or longer if in fridge.





@@@ FUNNY STORY @@@


I remember years ago I was still in school I do not remember what grade it was but I graduated in 92, and it was way beofre then I think I was 8th or 9th. Anyway it was my dads B day this recipe was just coming out, we decided to do it for his supper. we showed it to him and told him what was in it. The guest arrived my mom had in center of table like center peice. After supper my dad was telling my mom I am soo hungry stil I could eat this damn plant. With that he took a spoon and dove it into the pot and took a bite of the top that if done right looks like potting soil. People faces dropped , and their were gasps, i think some were wiaitng for my mom to beat up dad lol(she wore the pants, dont tell him though )


enjoy and have funAnyone have a great recipe for ';Dirt Cake';?
DIRT CAKE





2 (20 oz.) pkgs. Oreo cookies


1/2 stick butter


1 (8 oz.) cream cheese


1 c. powdered sugar


3 1/2 c. milk


2 sm. French vanilla instant pudding boxes


1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip





Cream the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Mix pudding together with the milk, add the Cool Whip to pudding mixture. Then blend in with the cream cheese mixture.


Crumble the Oreo's in a blender, leave the cream in the Oreo's.





Line the inside of a clay flower pot with foil. Alternating cookie crumbs and filling, ending with the cookie crumbs on top. Top with gummi worms and a plastic flower.
Bake a normal chocolate cake in a pan - Crumble it up and mix with gummy worms and 1/2 cup chocolate syrup or frosting, some candy like snickers, etc..Put it all in a clean plant container - I like to decorate cookies for flowers.
DIRT OR OREO CAKE


14 oz. pkg. Oreo cookies


8 oz. cream cheese


2 sm. French vanilla instant pudding


12 oz. Cool Whip


1 c. powdered sugar


3 c. milk


Crush 2/3 Oreos, put in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.


Mix Cool Whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix pudding and 3 cups milk in another bowl. Pour into Cool Whip mixture and fold together well. Pour over cookies. Crush rest of cookies and put on top. Refrigerate and enjoy.
  • la mer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment