Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can I use a recipe for a whole chocolate cake and split the mixture into lots of little cup cakes?

I'm struggling to find the perfect cup cake recipe so I'm hoping to use a normal cake recipe and split it into cup cakes. Will the cup cakes taste just as good as the original ';whole'; cake would?Can I use a recipe for a whole chocolate cake and split the mixture into lots of little cup cakes?
Absolutely; after lining muffin tins with liners (or greasing, or whatever the recipe calls for) fill each cup ~ 2/3 full. You'll have to change the baking times though. Since you didn't specify the baking time for the original recipe, I'll assume it's an hour? Start checking your cupcakes at 20 minute, and then every 3-5 minutes thereafter. You check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If the pick comes out clean or with a little crumb, it's done. If there's batter on it, keep baking. If you're planning on using this recipe for cupcakes again, make a note of the actual baking time on the recipe for future reference.Can I use a recipe for a whole chocolate cake and split the mixture into lots of little cup cakes?
That's how cupcakes are made.
Why not? Just blend well. I suppose you could shorten baketime because you increase cooking surfaces.
They should. I do it all the time.
Yes, just about any cake recipe can be made into cupcakes. You just need to reduce the cooking time.
You can do it and it will taste the same. :)
Yes I believe you can. Just reduce the time of cooking to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yes you can, just cut the cooking time down to about 25 or 30 minutes. You'll have to keep an eye on them to gauge the cooking time the first time you do it with this recipe
You sure can! I do this frequently. The one thing I would be cautious of is dryness. Add a little extra something (i.e. yogurt, oil, applesauce, etc.) to help avoid dryness. Banana bread also works really well in cupcake form





Best of luck with your baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment