Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am wondering what I can do to sweeten non-sweetened cocoa powder. It's a family recipe birthday cake.?

I need something to work with, and awfully fast. =)








thanks so much in advance!I am wondering what I can do to sweeten non-sweetened cocoa powder. It's a family recipe birthday cake.?
When you use plain cocoa, you usually add a cup of sugar also. Doesn't your recipe call for some sugar? That should take care of it.I am wondering what I can do to sweeten non-sweetened cocoa powder. It's a family recipe birthday cake.?
sugar?
I am not familiar with sweetened cocoa powder other than the stuff you make chocolate milk from. If that is what you are talking about then basically you are looking for a recipe to make Nestle's Quick (is that the ingredient in your cake mix?).........





Use 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and 1 cup of sugar, and quarter of a teaspoon salt.





Good luck
the sugar used in the recipe will sweeten the cake if it doesnt contain sugar... which most recipes do, add some, about 1/2 cup
Just add sugar......are you mixing it in a cake if so just add sugar, if it is for something else where you want it to taste sweet by itself mix with confectioners sugar. Hope this helps.
use confectioners sugar or honey. honey and cocoa makes a great cake without that cheap sugar taste
Your family recipe will be sweeten with sugar - just follow the recipe if it is a good one and you will be fine.





Keep cooking and baking

No comments:

Post a Comment